Monday, November 5, 2007

Back to Begin

Lets go back to September 25th. During my healing experiences this month I have been obedient to get the vision on paper. Sometimes that is the hardest part.

The first thing I did was take each 3x3ft piece of paper from the women's retreat and create a 1inx1in representation. This gave me the big picture. What the exhibit would look like as a whole. This is the first time I have really understood what it feels like to desire time spent with the Lord. I cleared my schedule, kids in school, baby Jude fast asleep...now is the time. Turn on Joy Williams, Sara Groves, Nicole Nordman Jars of Clay, Gateway Remember Me and the vision poured out of me like water...living water.

During this sweet time with Jesus I set the color palate for the paintings. The sun rise and the sunset are my inspiration. The top eight will be reds and oranges and yellows the bottom eight purples and blues. The word Joy would be green representing my growth, the vines, the branches that are thriving in my garden.

This was so easy. The sixteen paintings are set in motion.

My dear friend Gena may not know how much God has used her to keep me on task. She and I work at Starbucks and have found a lovely relationship. She is 24, an artist and lover of Jesus. Praying with her at my home helped me "clear out my closets" and prepare for what I would paint over the next two months.

She left for a very important road trip with her guy, Shannon. They would be gone for two weeks. I told her that I would pray for her everyday and that when she returned I would have each painting started.

16 canvases and she is back.

No comments: