Monday, November 5, 2007

Lord of the Breakthrough

It has been one month and a few days since my last entry. I have been obedient to the vision, but first dealing with the obstacles. Removing the obstacles has happened beautifully with a three fold action, incredible Bible Study at Hill Country Bible Church, Calm Heart in a Crazy World. My precious friend Katie Copland is leading it and I have made dear friends who are walking with me as I grasp the understanding of looking at my past and stepping forward as a new creation that God has created me to be every day. This can all be made possible through daily prayer and soaking in the Word of God.

Second Step: Attending Shine at Shoreline Christian Center. This was a three day womens retreat. The message here was to unearth the deeply hidden secrets of our life, bring them to the open so that we can let go, receive healing and shine with the light of Christ.

Finally, my friend, mentor, and spiritual director Kathryn Bonner. She also attended Shine. She has walked with me over the past four years, she has helped me live free from the blocks that come to the creative. To live into the purpose that God has created me for. She has helped me hone in on the voice of God. He has used her as a instrument of precision to gently prune the deep strongholds that had burrowed into my soul. This is such a painful process, one that is almost impossible to do alone. Picture surgically removing a tumor from your gut. Something that had to go. God is the hand of mercy through this precious woman.

This month I have have laid down tremendous burdens. I have not only laid down the burdens of sexual abuse, emotional abuse and abandonment, but have placed them in Jesus' hands. The burdens I have carried, laid down and picked back up my entire life have manifested in the anxious heart of a strong woman of God, that's me. This heart, with so much love to share, but paralyzed with fear, guilt and shame. Most of my afternoons this past month have been spent in the garage(studio) working, reflecting, worshiping, and listening to Your sweet voice. The kids play out front with the neighbors. They are so interested in the paintings. Part of the process is articulating the vison. The Lord has given me plenty of opportunities to do that. It is wonderful to see people get it. Jacob (PK), Jonah (1st), Mia(2nd), Brittney(7th), Brianna (8th) are all the kids on our block impacted by the process. The story behind the design, the pencil drawings, the thumbnail sketches and finally, that paint is hitting canvas. They want to be a part, I want them to be a part, and I want you to be a part of it too.

Lord of the Breakthrough. Lord of the Breakthrough. We worship you. We worship you.

No comments: